DUTCH CHAMPIONSHIP HORSE RIDING
- chantiers 1-3 semaines
dates update on 11/04/17 (former dates ; 02/09-19/09/17)
- Code : SIW-1706
- Dispo : COMPLET (Total Part 12)
- Langue du Projet : ENG /
- Age : 18 - 99
The royal Dutch Hippique Sport Federation (in Dutch: KNHS), situated in Ermelo, is with over 180.000 members on of the largest sports federations of the Netherlands. Eight disciplines of the horse riding sport are combined; dressage, jumping, eventing, endurance, carriage driving, voltige and reining. The KNHS looks after the interests of everyone who is active in the equestrian sport from recreational to the international level.
The project will take place during the Equestrian Championship aeuroHippiadeaeuro 2017 that is organised at the beginning of September. The volunteers will help out with the construction of the different competition courses and fields. They will assist by logistic and organisational activities during the event. At the project location, especially during this Championships, there will be a lot of beautiful horses present. However, the work does not include working directly with the animals. They are taken care of by their owners and grooms.
Volunteers stay at the KNHS centre in a dormitory with beds. There are no sheets so volunteers should bring their own sleeping bag. Thereaeuros a small apartment on the grounds of KNHS that serves as the communal space for the group volunteers. Thereaeuros also a kitchen inside of this apartment for the volunteers. They will prepare their own meals and eat together.
Together with the camp leaders the volunteers will discuss the recreational program. For example they can explore the city of Ermelo by bike, visit a museum or other places in the Netherlands. The camp leaders will have some ideas, but of course it is possible for the volunteers to put forward their own ideas for this program Leisure time will also be spent on the theme: "Sustainability: Create before it s too late"
– Sleeping bag UO – High top sneakers UO – Rain is spread throughout the year, so bring warm clothes, a raincoat and a swimming suit
SIW is a non-governmental, non-profit voluntary service organisation which was founded in 1953.
– stimulate the personal growth and development of young people
– encourage international contact and understanding
– carry out social, cultural and environmental work
These objectives are realised through the following activities:
– sending young people (18 to 35 years old) from the Netherlands to projects in Western and Eastern Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia;
– welcoming young people from the above mentioned areas in international volunteer projects in the Netherlands;
– the participation of SIW in international seminars.