ST. PETERSBURG’S INITIATIVES: TOGETHER FOR BETTER
- chantiers 1-3 semaines
- Code : GDC-6
- Dispo : 6M / 6F (Total Part 12)
- Langue du Projet : ENG / ENG
- Age : 18 - 99
Local municipals of Kalininsky district of St.Petersburg
Volunteers will help old lonely people to keep their flats clean (washing windows, floors, swiping the dust). Also will be some activities with local children and students (games, presentations about volunteers’ countries, etc). Work takes up 4-5 hours a day 5 times a week (before lunch). Volunteers work in pairs with a Russian speaking volunteer to overcome a language barrier since old people not that often speak English or other foreign languages.
Volunteers will stay in a kind of hostel well equipped with kitchen, showers, sport ground. No need to bring a sleeping bag! Accommodation is situated in the city itself, the way to the centre of the city takes from 40 min up to an hour. Meals will be prepared by volunteers, products are provided. Visa-support is provided. Insurance is not provided.
Volunteers have a possibility to see the North capital of Russia, Saint-Petersburg which is known for its numerous sightseeing possibilities. There are plenty of museums, parks, and places that tell a lot about history and culture of Russia both in the city itself and in its stunning suburbs such as Pushkin, Peterhof and Pavlovsk, former residences of Russian tsars. Round table with local youth on youth policy will be organized, as well as some workshops on traditional handicrafts.
Participation fee 10 Euro is to be paid to on arrival. Motivation letter is required.
Our main goals:
• To raise awareness and develop critical approach to mainstream issues among young people;
• To encourage young people being active participants of the society, developing their skills, competences through involvement into intercultural, volunteering and non-formal learning projects
• To provide opportunities for young people to discover new cultures and to exchange their opinions with people from other countries;
• To ensure social inclusion and non-discrimination;
• To develop and support social tourism and entrepreneurship, involve people of different ages in it.
Our workcamps are open to the people at the age from 18 years. We are glad to see people of different religions and cultures. Most camps are held in the city of St. Petersburg. In some workcamps we involve volunteers from different regions of Russia.